Important Information for DCC Spring 2022
Set up time from 1pm to 8pm Friday. Everyone must wear a build/breakdown wristband or risk being removed from premises.
Locations : Ground Floor Traders
Locations : Artist Alley/ Liffey Level
All passes have been emailed to you via Tixr. Please ensure you have these ready.
You may cancel your stall but will not receive a refund (please refer to the terms when purchasing the stalls)
PLEASE REFER TO THE DOCUMENTS IN YOUR EVENTENY PROFILE, MOST OF WHAT IS LISTED HERE IS LISTED THERE ALREADY.
Set Up Times
Set up is from Friday at 1pm until 8pm
Breakdown is from 5pm Sunday until 10pm.
No rubbish to be left behind
Trading Times :
Saturday 9.30am - 6pm
Sunday 9.30am - 5pm
Friday Set up
As per venue instructions, all exhibitors on site MUST wear a high vis jacket.
Set up is from 1pm onwards on Friday until 8pm. Everyone on site must have an exhibitor band and/or a build/break down wristband. No under 16's allowed on site.
• No Saturday Set Up for stall holders in the main trade hall, period. Artists tables may set up from 8am to 9.30am, if you arrive after 8.00am you MUST join the main queue) the Cargo Door is closed at 8am and you must enter via the front of the building.
• ALL traders/exhibitors, whether or not you are setting up on Friday, must arrive at registration during the allotted 1pm to 8pm slot to get your wristbands, we will not be doing it Saturday morning as it is too busy.
• Opening times for Saturday and Sunday Event Days : 8.30am for exhibitors (should you need to be there earlier please let us know during set up on Friday) and doors open for Early Entries at 9.30am. Enter via the front entrance as seen on your info pack before 9.30 am. Afterwards enter via the exhibitor entrance. General entry at 11am.
• Closing times for event days : 6pm Saturday, 5pm Sunday
Breakdown Times : Sunday 5pm to 10pm with all stock to be cleared out of premises. Any storage/collection of stock via courier must be arranged in advance between you and the venue. DCC does not take responsibility for stock left on site. If you have a pallet being collected, please ensure it is loaded and wrapped accordingly, incorrectly loaded pallets may not be collected by couriers. Once we leave the venue this is no longer our concern.
• Rubbish must not be left at your stall, if your area is left in disarray you will be charged for removal of rubbish.
• DCC trollies, wheels, lifts etc are property of DCC. If you have not requested use of them from the floor then do not touch them.
If you notice any mistakes please contact us directly at email@example.com, do not reply to the group email. Please download the documents listed below for locations.
Tickets are emailed out the week of the show and are sent en mass via Tixr. Please PRINT these out and bring them with you to the show
*If you have not paid your name will be noted and security will not let you on site. You will pass two check points, an initial check at the ticket box at the entrance, so please have your printed invoice/order confirmation ready. Once given the go ahead you will proceed to the cargo door for your wristbands to be issued and shown to your location.
** Whether or not you are setting up on Friday, someone must register and collect your passes on Friday. We will not have time to do so on Saturday morning
*PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHECK THE DOCUMENTS BELOW FOR YOUR LOCATION ASWELL AS VENUE INFORMATION AND REVENUE REQUIREMENTS FOR NON ROI BASED TRADERS ATTENDING THE SHOW*
***** Pallets must be returned to your truck/van or disposed of. We will not be storing pallets after the incidents during August of abandoned pallets damaging walls and DCC staff having to load them into our own truck. Venue security have a particular interest in abandoned pallets on the trade floor and will check cameras ******
EXHIBITORS MUST BE PAID IN FULL BEFORE BEING ALLOWED TO UNLOAD AND SET UP.
• Exhibitors will receive their tickets via Tixr before the show, you MUST bring these along in to be given your passes.
• Exhibitors must collect their weekend wristbands on Friday from the Floor Manager Ciaran McGuiness or Artist Alley manager James Sharkey who will have a list of all pre pre purchased passes/additional tables as well as locations for traders. Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• Please refer to the Floorplan for your location along with your order number or invoice number (which matches up to your floor plan number)
• Entrance via loading bay door located at side of building only (no loading in via main doors which will be locked. If you are located on the Liffey level then you must still report to the loading bay door to register.
• If you need to transport stock to the Liffey level via the Cargo Lift then please register via the side loading door and arrange with venue staff to access the Cargo lift via the underground car park.
• You may have friends help you carry stock to your stall during set up but only those with exhibitor wristbands may remain on site (we do not want you and your 5 friends standing around chatting)
• No children are allowed on site during set up or manning your stall during trading hours.
• Please report to CCD and DCC staff before bringing your vehicle into the loading area. Any vehicles remaining on site for prolonged periods must have a tarp placed underneath and be drained of fuel.
• Parking : If you wish to park at the convention centre, you can pre book it via https://parkpnp.com/ie/parking/the-convention-centre-dublin . We are afraid that the car park is owned by a third party and as such we cannot get discounts or free parking for exhibitors (We have to pay aswell) but there are multiple options in the area which can be found here : http://www.theccd.ie/parking
• DCC must be informed of staff numbers in advance to ensure an adequate stock of exhibitor wristbands. Additional Passes can only be purchased Saturday or Sunday during opening hours if you have not pre purchased before this point. There is a limit of 4 exhibitor bands available per 3 x 2m an 2 x 2m stalls and 2 bands per Artist Alley table. Custom stalls please contact us to confirm. This is done to ensure non working personnel are not on site during set up and prior to opening and so that the system is not abused to get ‘friends’ in early.
• Failure to wear/show your wristband will incur a 50 Euro fee for replacement. Loss of wristbands will incur a 50 Euro fee for replacements.
• Extra tables must be purchased in advance as there is no guarantee we will have adequate spare stock on the day. If we have spare stock and you request an extra table, please note it is a 25 Euro charge. If you need additional chairs please let us know.
• You may not remove tables, chairs or barriers from other locations for your own stall. Doing so will result in the items being taken back to their original location and your goods left in where they were found.
• If you have not purchased the correct stall option (i.e a retailer/re-seller purchasing an Artist Alley table), your payment will be refunded and your selection cancelled. If you are found during the event selling unauthorized items, you will be asked to pay the difference or leave the premises without refund.
• Table only units may only have a max of 2 workers per table for health and safety & security concerns.
• Live animals and displays over 3m in height must have pre approval from the venue to ensure they confirm to health and safety regulations
• No display, partition, racks or any other exhibitor constructed unit may lean or be adhered to the venue walls or pillars in such a way that damage may be incurred. A venue walk through is conducted by DCC and the venue for an pre existing damage to the building. Any additional damage caused by exhibitors will be billed directly to the exhibitors by the venue.
• Please note that due to the high spec nature of the Convention Centre the repair costs are quite significant
• If you require dedicated WiFi an application with your requirements for download/upload speed must be made in advance. *please note there is a venue charge for dedicated WiFi set up
• Exhibitors must refrain from approaching and interfering with DCC sets and props or going behind any barriers. Photos are not permitted. Anyone caught disobeying will be removed from the premises
• If you are transporting stock on pallets then you must ensure they do not block up walk ways during set up or damage any venue property. CCTV is in operation and any damage caused by stock or staff will be billed directly to you.
• DCC does not accept deliveries of stock or store stock for exhibitors if you wish to have a pallet delivered then please contact the venue in advance to arrange.
• Power points/Sockets must be purchased in advance, we cannot facilitate requests on the Friday set up.
• There is no facility in place to allow for credit card/laser card payments, please make your own arrangements for cash or other payment methods on the days of the event.
• If you are selling any sharp items/replica swords/airsoft guns etc this must be cleared by us in advance due to bagging procedures. If you do not inform us in advance we reserve the right to restrict sale of items.
• There is NO SHARING of table only options at DCC this year following incidents among traders at DCC 2016.
• Do not leave your many empty shipping boxes and waste behind. Any costs incurred by Dublin Comic Con for cleaning of your stall will be billed directly to you.
• You will not be covered by Comic Con Ireland of the Convention Centre’s insurance, if you wish to insure your products/staff you must have your own in place
• Please note: You are responsible for ensuring you are in compliance with Irish Revenue Authorities as per previous emails. Non ROI based traders must also comply with Revenue instructions, please see the attached VAT/Revenue information at the end of this document.
• You are agreeing to comply with the regulations regarding sales of goods and services
• You will comply with the general convention policies, failure to do so may result in you and your stall being removed.
• Be sure to read our full list of FAQ’s located on our website.
• If you fail to appear at your stall by mid day Saturday and do not inform us of non attendance or late attendance we reserve the right to re designate your space.
• In Accordance with the venue’s health and safety policy, no children are allowed on site during stall set up
• Please refer to the stall types below and policies for more info. We are here to help and ensure you have a successful time at our show.
Any exhibitors selling bootleg items will be asked to remove these items from their booth(s). If these items are put back out for sale during the convention, or if the exhibitor refuses to comply, the exhibitor will be removed from the convention immediately, and will not be refunded any payment(s) made for their booth.
No metal based weapons may be sold to attendees under the age of 18. Please keep in mind that we are trying to make this a safe event for everyone. Weapons must remain sheathed at all times. Comic Con Ireland reserve the right to ask the exhibitor to remove items for sale should they be considered dangerous, improperly handled, etc.
Exhibitor agrees not to sell or distribute any adult material to minors. All ‘Adults Only’ material must be either behind the table, or if displayed, must be bagged and/or covered so that minors cannot open it. Any adult material depicting nudity or sexual conduct must be covered (blinded). Adult videos and magazines are not allowed to be openly displayed.
LIABILITY & SECURITY
Comic Con Ireland and Convention Centre Dublin are not responsible for any theft or loss. Exhibitor is responsible for their own security during the show hours. The Exhibitor agrees to protect, keep, and save Comic Con Ireland, the promoter of the event, forever harmless from any dam-age (s) or charge (s) imposed for violations of any ordinance or regulation by the Exhibitor, his/her employees or agents, as well as failure to comply with the terms and agreements of this contract. Further, Exhibitors shall at all times protect, indemnify, save, and keep harmless Comic Con Ireland against and from any loss, cost, damage, liability, or expense which arises out of or from or by reason of any act or omission of the Exhibitor, his/her employees, or agents.
In the event that The National Show Centre or any part of the exhibit area thereof is unavailable, whether for the entire event or a portion of the event, as a result of fire, flood, tempest, snow storm, or other such cause, or as a result of governmental intervention, malicious damage, acts of war, strike, labour disputes, riot, or agency which Comic Con Ireland has no control, or should Comic Con Ireland decide that because of any such
cause it is necessary to cancel, postpone, or re-site the show, or reduce installation time, exhibit time, or move-out time, Comic Con Ireland shall not be liable to indemnify or reimburse the Exhibitor in respect of any damage or loss, direct or indirect, arising as a result thereof. Comic Con Ireland shall have the full power in the interpretation and enforcement of all contract regulations contained herein, and the power to make such amendments thereto, and such further rules and regulations as shall be considered necessary and proper. The foregoing represents the agreement between the undersigned Exhibitor and Comic Con Ireland, the promoters of Comic Con Ireland for the convention held on August the 6th and 7th, 2016
ERECTION OF DISPLAYS AND STANDS
No Exhibitor will be permitted to erect their display in a manner such as to obstruct the light or impedes the view along the open spaces or gangways, or to occasion inconvenience or otherwise affect the display of other exhibitors. No exhibitor will shall display their exhibits in such a manner as to endanger visitors or other exhibitors passing near to or entering their stand.
EXHIBITS AND SUB LETTING
No Exhibitor will be allowed to sublet any space allotted to them unless consent is given in writing prior to the event by the organisers. No exclusivity is provided for any exhibit and any claim to exclusivity is denied by the organisers, the organisers reserve the right to restrict certain exhibits if, in their sole opinion to do so would be in the best interest of the exhibition without any liability to the exhibit
Please note that under current Irish VAT legislation if you are a trader or an Artist whose main area of business is outside of Ireland (in this instance Ireland refers to the 26 counties only) and you will be selling goods or services to people at our shows then you are required to register for and account for Irish VAT.
You should discuss the above with your own tax advisor / accountant.
Comic Con Ireland will accept no responsibility or liability if you fail to comply with Irish Tax regulations.
Further information can be found on the following link -